February: T-minus Two Months Until Graduation

I still find it crazy to believe that this program is almost over. After descending on the city of New Orleans in July, I feel this place has really grown on me. While I will never get used to the outrageous rent and mediocre at best Indian food in the city, the sights and sounds of Mardi Gras were quite a spectacle. I was luckily able to catch a few parades before jetting off to Dallas for a rather relaxing (extremely early and weird) "Spring break." Oh and I got to see Black Panther with my family back home and it exceeded my expectations. Wakanda Forever!

Back to NOLA. Our NBME exam is coming up in just over one week. I would be lying if I said I wasn't slightly nervous. Even though I can admit that I enjoy learning mechanisms of action and adverse effects for a handful of drugs.. it really is fascinating.. this test will include hundreds of drugs. Hope this test goes well!
w
In terms of volunteering, this month was on the lighter end. I was able to visit the CTU a few times and help organize samples for the lab and create packets for new patients. However, my main project with the CTU should be coming to fruition in the coming weeks. Also, I had the opportunity to return to HomeLife in the Gardens after quite a while and visit again with a resident I started visiting way back in August.

I still have some time in this city and I intend to make the most of it. I hope to continue visiting HomeLife as much as possible, especially the memory care residents.




February Hours: 5.5 hours
Total Hours: 20 hours

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

November: A Month of Thanksgiving

March: T-Minus One Month

January: Boiling Water and Selling Tickets